Registered Nurse (Permanent Full Time), Day Surgery
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34730 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: Day Surgery
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Rotating, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality pre and post-operative care to patients and families in Day Surgery within the scope of professional nursing practice and in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards of the Surgical Program. May be reassigned to other units as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Active registration in NANB.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Minimum two years medical/surgical nursing experience.
- Demonstrated assessment skills and ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities and complex patient care needs.
- Demonstrated teaching, communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 26, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34730-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health.