Registered Nurse Class A (Permanent Full Time), 3 AN - OBS GYNE
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34742 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: 3 AN - OBS/GYNE
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class A
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirement to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
Provision of Nursing Care to meet the individual patient's needs by utilizing the nursing process.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Current Perinatal experience
- Current CPR certification
- Proof of up-to-date Immunization status
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, staff, physicians and the general public
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Family Centered Maternal and Newborn (and Gynecology) principles
- Assesses the health care needs of patients including patients assigned to other health care personnel.
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool.
- Identifies needs effecting discharge planning and potential services required at home.
- Formulates objectives specific to the patient needs.
- Provides health teaching, counseling, health promotion to individuals or groups.
- Provides nursing care required to achieve the patient's desired outcomes.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship.
- Supports new employees during orientation.
- Provides support and works with student personnel to ensure a positive learning experience (UNB, RNA, Refresher RN students)
- Works co-operatively with allied health personnel and delegates, consults and refers appropriately.
- Directs and supervises non-professional staff.
- Interacts with the patient care team to identify, plan, implement and evaluate changes.
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development.
- Obtains and maintains required training and qualifications (i.e. Professional Registration, CPR, WHIMMIS, Fire/Disaster, Neonatal Resuscitation Program, Operating Room Training, Fetal Monitoring and Delegated Medical Function Certifications
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement on nursing unit.
- Demonstrates competent use of equipment used in this nursing care area (i.e. Breast Pumps, Electronic Fetal Monitor, Infant scales, Vital Sign Monitors, Bilimeters, etc.)
- Will be cross trained within the Maternal / Child Health program as needed.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 26, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34742-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.