Addiction and MH intake worker (Permanent Full Time), MHSJ Adult ST INTAKE
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34658 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: MHSJ Adult ST INTAKE
FACILITY: Saint John Mental Health Services
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Addiction and MH intake worker
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Evening, Rotating, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $27.8090 to $37.8153 per hour
The Social Worker - Addictions and Mental Health, is responsible for working within an interdisciplinary team to provide a full range of social work services to clients, their families, and communities
- University degree in Social Work.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers.
- Experience would be an asset.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Social Worker - Addictions and Mental Health is responsible for:
- Assessing clients and developing and implementing treatment plans
- Developing and facilitating therapeutic interventions for individuals and groups
- Coordinating services and advocating for clients
- Providing emergency/crises intervention/stabilization services
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Building relationships with critical stakeholders in government and the community
- Responding to community needs (including schools and other populations/groups) and
- participating in capacity building initiatives
- HOURS MAY CHANGE DUE TO OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS.
- MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WITHIN OTHER ADDICTION AND MENTAL HEALTH NETWORK SERVICES IN THE AREA.
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Group Facilitation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 26, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-34658-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.