Shannex Incorporated has been in business since 1988 and is a leader in seniors' accommodation, service and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Currently operating four retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of a new campus in Moncton – Faubourg du Mascaret, our first French language campus.
Pavillon Richard, our 64 bed licensed (level 3) long term care home, is located on the Faubourg du Mascaret campus on Morton Avenue, in Moncton New Brunswick. With an open and spacious design, Pavillon Richard is home to 64 clients who require nursing home care in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. Each of the two floors offers a large dining room, and numerous living rooms and activity spaces. Clients live in spacious, well-appointed suites, each offering a picture window for natural light and outdoor views.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Permanent Part Time (0.6 FTE) & casual
Located at Faubourg du Mascaret in Moncton, NB and reporting to the Health Services Manager, our Registered Nurse is part of a professional interdisciplinary team. The Registered Nurse (RN) plans, directs, and evaluates total nursing care, and management of other nursing personnel on a shift and unit.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing clients' needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the client's right to individualized planning of health services;
- Developing and implementing of client directed Care Plans;
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation;
- Assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of client care plans;
- Administering and recording prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice;
- Maintaining the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting;
- Applying dressings and treatments according to physician's orders and policy;
- Assisting with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
- Graduate of approved School of nursing, bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred;
- Current registration with the provincial association of Registered Nurses;
- Advanced proficiency level in the French and English language
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Alzheimer's & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred;
- Palliative / Hospice Care experience preferred;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior's independent living environment required.
The following would be considered assets:
- Strong leadership and assessment skills plus the ability to multitask in this fast-past, yet rewarding environment;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance;
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Ability to supervise staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- competitive salaries ($33.34 - $41.78)
- benefits package
- RRSP program
- free onsite parking
- flexible scheduling
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted