Transit Operator II
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a bus, in accordance with established procedures and regulations. In dealing with the public, the transit operator acts as a representative of the City and promotes the transit system by providing prompt and courteous service to transit customers. Incumbents may work varying shifts throughout the day, which would involve split shifts. Fredericton transit operates from 5:55am until 11:25 pm six days a week. Candidates invited to participate in the competition process will be required to provide a criminal record check prior to hire.
- Operates a Transit vehicle in a safe and courteous manner on specified routes and schedules;
- Provides schedule / route information to customers;
- Collects fares according to fare structure from riders of the system;
- Monitors the vehicles while in service, reporting any malfunctions to and following instructions of Maintenance Supervisor;
- Performs related work as required.
- Education and Experience: Minimum prerequisite is secondary education, combined with a minimum of three years driving experience. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge and Desired Skills:
Must have a current class 2 NB drivers license with air endorsement; knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances and regulations involved in vehicle operation, and knowledge of the occupational hazards and the safety precautions involved in the operation of the vehicle; Previous experience in dealing with the public, and experience in the operation of a commercial vehicle in excess of one ton are considered assets.
SALARY: Starting rate: $17.28 per/hr + $125.00 BSA biweekly
CUPE Local 1783 Salary Scale
Interested applicants may email their cover letter and resume to HR@Fredericton.ca or mail to Human Resources, City of Fredericton, PO Box 130, Fredericton, NB E3B 4Y7 on or before 2018 September 21 at 4:30 PM.