Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier (Temporary, on-call)
Approximately 2 out of 3 parcels that Canadians order online are delivered by Canada Post, making us a leader in the e-commerce industry. As the trend in online shopping continues to grow, we have temporary, on-call opportunities available for qualified Delivery Agents / Letter Carriers to be part of our team.
Witnessing the smile on a customer's face as you deliver a highly anticipated package is one of the perks of this job. Competitive pay ($19.86 per hour) is one of the others. But some of the biggest plusses of being a Canada Post Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier have to do with the nature of the work itself. As a Delivery Agent, you get to:
- work an active and highly independent job that gets you outside
- interact with people and represent Canada Post in a professional manner
- load, unload and drive a Canada Post vehicle
- use leading-edge tech devices
Interested? Canada Post has thirty-seven (37) temporary, on-call job opportunities for Delivery Agents (Letter Carriers) in Halifax / Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Here's what we're looking for from you:
- A valid Class 5 or Class G permanent provincial driver's licence with a satisfactory safe driving record going back at least 3 years (driver's abstract necessary)
- Ability to lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kg / 50 lb and carry items weighing up to 15.9 kg / 35 lb
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in customer service and in a delivery or driving role, an asset
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for one of these 37 positions (Job ID 12762) via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the URL below:
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.