Learning and Development is responsible for the strategic direction and establishment of learning and development solutions to build capabilities for leaders and employees consistent with TD's talent strategy and priorities and enhance and support the achievement of business objectives today and for the future. Job Type Regular Job Status Full Time Hours 37.5 hours/week; Flexibility required Business line Other Job Category - Primary Corporate Development | Strategy | Design Job Category(s) Corporate Development | Strategy | Design Job Description The Facilitator I is a subject matter expert in the facilitation of onboarding, new hire, product, systems, skill-based and/or business specific programs and curricula. The Facilitator I consistently demonstrates and exemplifies best practices in the areas of facilitation and training delivery, including virtual delivery. The Facilitator I works collaboratively with Talent and Learning Advisors, business representatives and others within L&D to support the achievement of business and organizational objectives while exemplifying TD's brand and culture. The Facilitator I participates in the end-to-end advancement of facilitator capability across TDBG through involvement in communities of practice, participation in Train-the-Trainer and up-skilling programs to support the development and advancement of the facilitation practice for the organization. Job Requirements Qualifications/Skills/Experience:
- Entry level facilitation role, requiring 2-3 years of strong performance and depth of experience in business(es) to be supported
- Consultative Business Partnering - demonstrates confident and credible collaborative partnering with others within own business
- Business of the Bank - Understands the bank, understands the industry, understands the customer/client; consistently makes connections between current role and business realities ("makes meaning") for others, including peers and clients as appropriate
- Adept at interacting with diverse groups, comfortable with peer coaching, consistently shows personal leadership in a team environment, including interactions at multiple levels
- Demonstrated effective, polished and professional presentation (and facilitation where possible) skills to multiple audiences; Evidence of proactive involvement in taking a lead role on business and other teams, committees, boards or other groups
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Well-developed critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), to support confident and credible interactions with employees and leaders at multiple levels within the organization
- Fluency in English and French (written and verbal) is an asset
- Ability to 'see the client' in all the services we provide
- Awareness of learning & development methodologies and the training value chain (assessment, design, development, delivery, measurement)
Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
- University/college degree is an asset
- Relevant Learning & Development certification/degree is a definite asset
- (As required) Meets regulatory requirements and/or licensing for facilitation of specific business programs supported (e.g. as prescribed for Insurance and Wealth/Direct Investing businesses)
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
- Takes a North American perspective and "One TD" approach to facilitation; ensures common content and learning structures are leveraged consistently and to the greatest extent possible, supporting customization only where there is a validated business need
- Facilitates timely, high quality consistent, creative, leading edge learning solutions through multiple modalities that positively impact business and TD metrics in partnership with design/development, program evaluation & measurement and others within the center of expertise (COE);
- Comprehensive preparation and review of all facilitator and course materials prior to delivery, including managing all aspects of virtual or in-person delivery.
- Exemplifies the TD brand and culture in all learning and business interactions.
- Supports the continuing advancement of facilitation capability across the function to enable a centre of expertise; Champions consistent practices, processes and measures across the facilitation function to increase overall facilitation expertise, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proactively looks for ways to enhance learner experience and engagement
- Actively supports greater use of virtual and other technologies to create greater efficiency and learner access, particularly to more geographically remote business groups.
- Provides subject matter expertise in facilitation including knowledge of external best practices, emerging trends, and vendors; consistently demonstrates best practices in facilitation
- Ensures consistent alignment to overall L&D maintenance strategy as it relates to facilitation
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge and practice of effective adult education principles - problem solving techniques, discussion leading, effective questioning and conflict resolution
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
**Province/State (Primary) New Brunswick City (Primary) Moncton