Food & Beverage Manager
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior's accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs 3,800 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
Faubourg du Mascaret is Shannex's first French language retirement living campus. Located on Université de Moncton's land in Moncton, New Brunswick, this campus offers a full continuum of services including Lifestyle apartments, Hospitality and Wellness, Assisted Living and Nursing Home service lines.
The future is bright at Shannex. Currently operating five retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of two new campuses in Miramichi. To support this growth, we are recruiting individuals who will deliver service and care that reflects our organizational values of Clients First, Improving Quality, Trusted Partnerships and Being Accountable.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Food & Beverage Manager
Located in Moncton, New Brunswick and reporting to the General Manager as part of the Facility Management Team, the Food and Beverage Manager will direct and manage the kitchen and dining room services to provide meal service delivery to all residents and guests that meet established quality standards. You will be responsible for the daily operations of the department including resource management, quality of service and provide leadership and direction to staff. The successful candidate will be customer focused, energetic and detail oriented.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the overall leadership and effective management of the food services department, including meal preparation and the hiring and supervision of dietary staff.
- Prepares or monitors the preparation of daily meal service and special events to ensure individual dietary needs of the residents
- Manages all food services staff
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents and their families in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the budget, both operation and capital
- Participates in the development of and implements policies and procedures in accordance to external & internal governing regulations and educates staff, tenants, and other departments as required.
- Participates in corporate and facility committees; attends meetings as required.
- Participates in the preparation, delivery and service of food and ensures proper preparation, delivery and service of food is carried out by the Food Services staff.
- Participates in Human Resources activities including performance management, attendance management, annual performance evaluations, coaching of staff, recruitment, orientation and training, etc.
- Manages the activities and work flow for all tasks required for production, presentation / service and clean-up of assigned staff
- Maintaining safety and sanitation in the dining areas to meet legislative / organizational standards;
- Assists in the direction of Culinary team for special functions e.g. catering, theme dinners to ensure service meets established standards.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Requirements for the role include:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Nutrition or related field;
- Two years' experience as food service supervisor in an institutional setting;
- Basics Food Safety Training/ Food Handlers Course;
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours/shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Minimum 1-2 years in a related management / leadership position;
- Personal computer skills in the use of related software applications;
The following would be considered role preferences:
- CPR Certified
- Previous long term care experience an asset.
- a comprehensive compensation package;
- attractive benefits plan from date of hire;
- free on –site parking;
- RRSP program and
- flexible scheduling.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply now.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted