RNCA (Casual), SJRH COMB MS Clinic
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34616 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH COMB MS Clinic
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL-Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
To provide quality nursing care to patients in an ambulatory clinic setting that is consistent with available resources and departmental policies and is evidence - based.
Flexibility is required to provide assigned coverage to late running clinics.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick.
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing
- CPR certification.
- Demonstrated clinical competency in performing venipuncture, initiating IV therapy, administering IV medications and line management.
- Previous Med / Surgery experience in the past 5 years.
- Must have good previous work and attendance record.
- Physically able to perform duties.
- Good previous work and attendance record.
- Good understanding of case management and the multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Currently hold or be willing to obtain Anticoagulation Management Certification.
- E-learning current and up to date.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The RN will:
- With other members of the health care team, collaboratively assess patient care needs and plan for the delivery of care to meet those needs.
- Assess patients for falls risk.
- Collection of statistics
- Assist the physician with minor procedures (lumbar punctures, vasectomies, thoracentesis, Mohs and surgical / plastic procedures, etc) and provide for the support and comfort needs of the patient during such procedures.
- Obtain, label and document specimens for diagnostic testing, following the physician's orders.
- Perform venipunctures and initiate intravenous therapy.
- Initiate and care for intravenous treatments obtained and administered through the use of long term lines such as pasports, portacaths, PICCs, Hickmans, etc.
- Administer and manage blood and blood products, IV iron, chemotherapy, and approved IV / po medications.
- Administer bladder instillations, preform bladder scans and minor urological procedures (catheterizations, supra-pubic catheter care etc.)
- Provide assistance and nursing support to the Wound Care clinic.
- Administer wound care in the form of sterile dressing changes, suture / staple removal, debridement, irrigations, applying compresses, VACC Dressing application and assisting with platelet gel treatments.
- Book tests and appointments.
- Provide assistance and nursing support to the IV Day / Clinic Treatment room.
- Provide assistance and nursing support to the Infectious Disease Clinic.
- Provide assistance and nursing support to the Anticoagulation Clinic.
- Coverage of all clinics within Clinic 1 if required.
- Participate in the orientation of and supports new staff members.
- Participation and mentoring of students.
- Provide teaching, instruction, counselling and health promotion to individuals.
- Recognize unsafe practices and intervene to prevent injury to patients and staff.
- Maintain data necessary for reports and quality assurance activity.
The described duties are representative, but not to be construed as all inclusive. Related and allied duties may/will be assigned from time to time as necessitated by the operational needs of the department.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 19, 2018
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-34616-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.