Nursing Unit Clerk (Permanent Part Time), SCRC Gen Rehab
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34383 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: SCRC Gen Rehab
FACILITY: Stan Cassidy Centre for Rehabilitation
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Nursing Unit Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
LANGUAGE: Bilingual Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $21.4759 to $23.1168 per hour
The Nursing Unit Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support to the nursing unit.
- High school graduation and an administrative support program of greater than one year and up to two years duration which includes medical terminology plus one year of related experience OR five (5) years of recent experience (within the last 8 years) as a 1027, shall be considered as equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency, verified by testing, may be required in some or all of the following areas: Microsoft Office applications, Word, Outlook, typing, data entry, medical terminology at beginner level.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French required.
The Nursing Unit Clerk is responsible for:
- Performing reception duties including directing calls and responding to inquiries
- Processing admissions and coordinating transfers and discharges
- Entering physician' orders and scheduling appointments
- Entering, retrieving and compiling information and data
- Assembling, maintaining and forwarding charts
- Creating, editing and formatting documents, forms and reports
- Performing general office duties
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 12, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34383-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.