Opportunities for 2nd Cook
Central NB Woodlands in Deersdale, NB
2 nd COOK - $18.00/hour
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882 , J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
We are looking for motivated individuals to contribute to the Forest Products group as a 2 nd Cook. Reporting to the Executive Chef, the 2 nd Cook will play an integral role in food preparation, customer service and housekeeping.
- All aspects of preparation and serving of daily meals, including, but not limited to:
- Preparing breakfast
- Baking fresh bread and rolls
- Assisting with the preparation of lunch and supper
- Baking desserts and pastries
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, including, but is not limited to:
- Washing dishes
- Mopping the floor
- Cleaning windows
- Other housekeeping duties as required
- Maintaining proper inventory, notifying Executive Chef when supplies need to be ordered
- Closing the Kitchen at the end of the day
- Must be available to work 5 days per week
- A trade certificate or Food Safety Training certificate is preferred but not required
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
Hourly Wage: $18.00/hour
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.