The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is seeking a dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Transition Facilitator will provide transition to employment services - transition to work for high school students with an intellectual disability and employment counseling services - moving on to post-secondary studies for individuals with an intellectual disability. The successful candidate will work with high school students (grade 10, 11, and 12) with an intellectual disability in helping develop an action plan and provide job preparation activities for transitioning to work directly from high school as well as students (youth up to 30 years of age) with an intellectual disability wanting to pursue post-secondary studies at NBCC or CCNB.
The Transition Facilitator position will be located in Moncton, NB but will also be required to travel and provide service to identified high schools of participating students. This is a contract position, 40 hours per week.
· Organizing, coordinating and managing a person centered transition planning process;
· Identifying and supporting the goals, needs, interests and dreams of high school students with an intellectual disability;
· Identify and approach community employers to arrange work experience, summer employment, etc.;
· Provide students the opportunity to learn basic workplace essential skills;
· Ensure follow-up and supports are provided to ensure the transition plan is being carried out, ongoing monitoring;
· Identify and secure external job coaches to provide on-the-job support during work experience placements;
· Refer students to local employment agencies and/or government external service providers;
· Access government funding for supports and services for the student;
· Minimum Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, or Education and one year of counseling related work experience for a total combination of 5 years; or a minimum post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in related disciplines of Social Sciences, Education, or Human Services and three years of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years or an equivalent combination of education and experience providing the requisite skills and abilities may be considered;
· Strong computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office applications, comprehensive internet searches and the ability to learn new information management systems;
· Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and ability to travel throughout the province;
· Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Check;
· Fluent in French, written and spoken is a requirement.