Senior Energy Modeler
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Energy Modeler to help mentor and grow our Sustainability and Energy Department. This position will be responsible for providing energy modeling expertise to support the sustainable and innovative projects WSP is currently engaged in. Our portfolio of new construction and major renovation projects include Zero-Carbon, LEED & WELL certifications. Our clients are leading the adoption of future targets set by the BC Step Code and Toronto Green Standard to get ahead of the energy, carbon and thermal performance goals set to become future requirements. This position can be delivered from either Toronto (ON), Kitchener (ON), Vancouver (BC) or Calgary(AB) offices. Reporting to the National Director of Performance Analysis, this position will be responsible for representing WSP as an industry leader, technical expert and key contributor to the Performance Analysis Team at WSP.
- Inspire the Performance Analysis team in the delivery of top of market projects;
- Accountable for the overall quality and client satisfaction of energy modeling analysis and how the team collectively meets clients' needs;
- Manage client expectations and ensure client satisfaction;
- Partner with clients to define project targets and success factors;
- Support the management of operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the team;
- Provide technical analysis and/or support during the design and construction process;
- Provide guidance on energy modeling to other project teams;
- Be an active member of the integrated design team;
- Contribute to practice development and our knowledge management system;
- Work as part of a design team to provide input on energy conservation measures and make recommendations for cost effective improvements;
- Perform energy modeling and analysis on new and existing buildings;
- Use a wide range of performance simulation tools to analyze energy efficiency;
- Provide technical coaching, mentorship, and development of staff;
- Review design documents (plans, specifications, shop drawings) as they are developed to ensure that the intended energy efficiency measures are being incorporated into the design;
- Update energy simulations as the design progresses;
- Support the development of proposals including pricing, scope development, and client interaction; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Science or equivalent qualifications;
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated proficiency in energy modeling with eQuest and/or IESVE.
- Being Registered as a Professional Engineer in either BC, Alberta, Manitoba or Ontario considered an asset;
- Experience with building sciences (envelop), lighting and electrical systems;
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical systems and HVAC equipment;
- Understanding and knowledge of Architectural, Electrical / Mechanical Drawings;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and independently;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills; and
- Experience with any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Daylight Modeling;
- Thermal Comfort Modeling;
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED);
- Passive House; and
- Living Building Challenge
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.