Medical Sonography Technologist-2 (Temporary Part Time), Diagnostic Imaging- Ultrasound
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34426 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Diagnostic Imaging- Ultrasound
FACILITY: St. Joseph's Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Medical Sonography Technologist-2
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Sonography Technologist 2 (SN02)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, FTE: 0.5, TEMP: SEptember 28, 2018 to August 27, 2019. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $26.98 to $33.84 per hour (Subject to employment status)
The Medical Sonography Technologist is responsible for performing ultrasound examinations.
- Graduate of a Diagnostic Sonography Program.
- Must be eligible for registration with Sonography Canada or The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Medical Sonography Technologist is responsible for:
- Assessing and preparing patients for ultrasound examinations
- Preparing and operating equipment
- Performing procedures in accordance with standards of practice
- Assessing test results and preparing Impressions
- Using clinical information systems to access and maintain clinical records and documentation
- Assisting with or performing quality assurance activities/initiatives
- Providing mentoring and support for DI staff, students and other health care professionals
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Stress Management
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 16, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34426-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.