Physiotherapy Assistant (Permanent Full Time), CCSJ MHC Physiotherapy
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34336 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: CCSJ MHC Physiotherapy
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Physiotherapy Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant (3029)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Nights, Rotating Weekends, Statutory Holidays, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $21.4759 to $23.1168 per hour
The Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant is responsible for assisting with therapeutic treatment plans and rehabilitation under the supervision of a therapist.
- High school graduation and completion of a rehabilitation program of at least one year duration or equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting a therapist with providing therapy
- Performing established rehabilitation programs and monitoring and reporting on progress
- Preparing and cleaning equipment, supplies and work areas
- Maintaining records and documentation
- Ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment
- Participating with student placements
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 9, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34336-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.