Registered Nurse Class A (Permanent Part Time), Transitional Care Unit (4BN & 4AN)
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-31373b External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Transitional Care Unit (4BN & 4AN)
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class A
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.65, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Provision of nursing care to meet the individual patient's needs by utilizing the Nursing process.
- Current registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB)
- Recent work experience with the Geriatric population and patients with physical and mental health disabilities
- Excellent understanding of and the ability to implement the Nursing Process
- Ability to perform Charge Nurse duties and responsibilities
- Successful completion of or agreement to complete the Senior Population Education Course within one year
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrates competency within the RN scope of practice
- Ability to work as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and the ability to set priorities
- Effective communication skills with patients, families and the public
- Current CPR certification
- Completion of annual recertification requirements i.e. CPR, WHMIS, etc. and willingness to participate in ongoing educational opportunities
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 16, 2018.
HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK WILL ACCEPT ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ONLY. IF YOU WORK FROM A FACILITY THAT DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE JOB POSTING SITE, TELEPHONE 1-833-884-1521 FOR ASSISTANCE.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-31373b-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.