Intermediate Unix (Solaris) Administrator
TD Bank Group in Montreal, QC
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Service Continuity Operations is a 7/24 x 365 service availability department, responsible for providing 2nd and 3rd level support for our UNIX environments. The primary focus of the UNIX Operations team is to provide superior support, provide incident resolution, contribute to problem resolution, work on Bank wide projects and work with internal and external auditors along with other peers within the EITO organization including our TS partners.
Job Type Regular Job Status Full Time Hours 7 hours per day M-F Business line Corporate Job Category - Primary Technology Solutions Job Category(s) Technology Solutions Job Description
About This Role
Job Description/ Accountabilities:
We are looking for self-motivated and focused individual who enjoys a fast-paced environment requiring attention to detail and the opportunity to support UNIX servers across the enterprise. You are an Intermediate UNIX Administrator and have a good command of both French and English.
The individual's primary responsibility will be to acquire the technical expertise to implement and provide full end to end support of the product. They will have to:
- Work as a member of a highly skilled team in support of business environments.
- Provide end to end support from dev all the way to production environments, including after hour support and on-call duties.
- Investigate new technology in conjunction with other areas of ITS, that will benefit the businesses requirements.
- Work within the enterprise & vendors to come up with solutions for a specific project.
- Work as a member to support existing legacy environments
- Support systems within a private cloud environment.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to improve production environment stability.
- Leads the support of highly complex and comprehensive systems and/or business lines.
- Identifies root causes and implements targeted and controlled remediation plans.
- Reviews, participates and implements procedures.
- Provide quality service and solutions consistent with objectives and client requirements.
- Effectively handle incident management for outages.
- Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution.
- Provide expertise to other functional areas (technology, trends and processes).
- Join projects aimed at evolving the base infrastructure, deploying new technologies, or optimizing the operational environment.
- Deploy base infrastructure components for all environments.
- Follow change management procedures. ensure proper testing, sign-off, monitoring.
- Use meaningful metrics to monitor environment's performance.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning (Define, Review, Test).
- The candidate must hold a range of advanced knowledge of Unix and Linux skills and eager to provide consultative support to other groups outside of Operations.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Minimum 4 years of supporting unix infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- Working knowledge of:
- Clustering Technologies (clustered filesystem, VIO)
- Shell scripting
- Passion for Root Cause Analysis
- Solid understanding of Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- ITIL Foundations preferred
- Bilingual French/English
- Sun Sparc hardware
- Understanding of SAN and networking fundamentals
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing, technically complex environment
- Demonstrates strong communications skills (written and verbal), proven ability to effectively interact with individuals across business units and at various levels within the Bank (technical, business, including Management).
- Highly organized and possessing strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, with strong sense of ownership and urgency to deliver projects/tasks in a timely fashion
- Must be able to effectively represent UNIX on escalated incident management calls from other groups within SC Operations
- High Availability clustering Technologies
- Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
- College / University with emphasis on computer science and business or equivalent work experience.
- IT Industry accreditations not required, but will be considered along with experience
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you've never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
**Province/State (Primary) Quebec City (Primary) Montreal