Licensed Practical Nurse (Permanent Full Time), SJRH Intermed Care DVA
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34536 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH Intermed Care DVA
FACILITY: Ridgewood Veterans Wing
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $23.1388 to $24.9071 per hour
To provide nursing care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse
- Graduation from an approved school for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Must be currently registered with the N.B. Association of Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Education in Dementia Care.
- Positive work experience with Geriatric patients.
- Geriatric focus.
- Maybe required to work both nursing units, Victory lane and Liberty lane.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction without constant supervision.
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgement and the ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- High regard for confidentiality.
- Relevant work experience as a registered nursing assistant within the past five years.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
- Required to work both nursing units, Liberty Lane and Victory Lane.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34536-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.