Perioperative Registered Nurse (Permanent Part Time), Permanent Part Time
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34437 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Operating Room
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Perioperative Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating, FTE: 0.5, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Operating room nursing encompasses professional and clinical nursing activities which focus on identifying and meeting the needs of the surgical patient while applying the nursing process in a caring, confidential and skilled manner. The Perioperative Registered Nurse is a patient advocate who is accountable for providing individualized patient care while working in a multidisciplinary environment. Operating Room nurses adhere to departmental policies and procedures, as well as regional and national standards of care.
- Active registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick.
- Approved Operating Room course or minimum of 1950 hours experience in Operating Room in the last 5 years
- Physically able to perform the assigned duties.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Good work and attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities , and complex patient needs
- Demonstrated assessment skills and ability to function independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
- If no qualified internal or external applicants with experience or training, applicants willing to complete necessary training to work in OR may be considered (not all Horizon sites offer internal OR courses)
- Requires ongoing education and training to be completed within set timeframes
- Must be willing to float to other areas of the hospital where required by the facility
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 12, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34437-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.