Licensed Practical Nurse (Permanent Full Time), 2 East OBS
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34341 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: 2 East OBS
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: LPN
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $23.1388 to $24.9071 per hour
Responsible for the delivery of inpatient care to obstetrical and medical/surgical patients appropriate to job description and scope of practice. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, plans, prioritizes and implements patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse : documents patient care, identifying and reporting pertinent information to the Registered Nurse. Accountable for own actions and delivers care in accordance with the vision, mission and values of Horizon Health Network Miramichi Area.
- Active registration with ANBLPN and renew annually.
- Current BCLS Certification and recertify annually.
- Demonstrated abilities to work well under the direction of the Registered Nurse and to respond to rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills working with Obstetrical and Medical/Surgical patients in an acute care setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and willingness to promote Family Centered Care.
- Demonstrated teaching, communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Immunization for vaccine preventable diseases is required for staff who have direct patient care.
- Required to complete Breastfeeding Certification within 3 months of hire.
- Complete unit based learning modules.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and Horizon Health Network confidentiality policy.
- Must be willing to cross train to Pediatrics.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34341-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.