Building Systems Operator (Temporary Full Time), Plant Operations
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34422 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: Plant Operations
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Building Systems Operator
CLASSIFICATION: Building Systems Operator (2068)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Nights, Rotating Weekends, Statutory Holidays, September 9, 2018 to February 19, 2019 Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $20.6895 to $22.2703 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 90% of the indicated rate as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 a)
The Building System Operator is responsible for monitoring and controlling building systems.
- Must hold a valid 4th class power engineer's license in accordance with the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Building System Operator is responsible for:
- Observing and adjusting computerized building systems (heating, ventilation and air conditioning)
- Inspecting physical building systems
- Assessing and responding to automated alarms
- Adjusting equipment settings to maximize performance
- Performing minor plumbing, electrical and equipment repairs
- Responding to emergency codes and calls
- Assisting other trades with routine maintenance
- Generates work orders
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-34422-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.