Licensed Practical Nurse (Permanent Full Time), Transitional Care Unit (4AN, 4BN)
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34464 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Transitional Care Unit (4AN, 4BN)
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English essential with requirement to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, Standby and Call Back, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $23.1388 to $24.9071 per hour
To provide nursing care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Graduation from an approved school for Licensed Practical Nurses
- Must be currently registered with the N.B. Association of Licensed Practical Nurses (ANBLPN)
- Recent work experience with the Geriatric population and patients with physical and mental health disabilities
- The candidate must have successfully completed the ANBLPN requirements for medication administration including injectables. LPN's who have not passed medications in the past 24 months must successfully complete 6 RN supervised medication passes to be deemed qualified
- Successful completion of or agreement to complete the Senior Population Specialized Senior Care Course (formerly NICHE)
- High regard for confidentiality
- Demonstrates competency within the LPN scope of practice
- Ability to work as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and the ability to set priorities
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Current CPR certification
- Completion of annual recertification requirements i.e. CPR, WHMIS, etc. and willingness to participate in ongoing educational opportunities
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-34464-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.