Contract Change & Compliance Manager, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
CONTRACT CHANGE & COMPLIANCE MANAGER, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
The Contract Change & Compliance Manager will report directly to the Director, CSC Contract Management as part of the Canadian Surface Combatant project. The responsibilities of this role fall in to two main areas: management of the Prime Contract and corresponding Subcontract requirements, and of the overall project change process that affects the manner by which the project will deliver those requirements.
- Manage a team of requirements and change specialists
- Monitor compliance with Prime and Subcontract requirements
- Coordinate the development and review of all CSC CCPs
- Coordinate review and approval of all subcontractor CCPs
- Provide oversight of the incorporation of Engineering Change Proposals into the overall change process
- Ensure that impact assessments done for proposed changes are comprehensive
- Management of CCPs through the CSC Configuration Control Board
- Develop and provide presentations to CCB chair
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post -secondary education in Engineering or Business Management based field
- Knowledge and experience in managing change in large scale development programs
- Highly experienced in project management on multi facet, complex teams
- Experience with DOORS system an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
- Strong interpersonal communication an asset
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by _____.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.