Project Engineer, Land Development
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Land Development team, located at our Toronto office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for a variety of green field and land development projects for residential, commercial, retail and institutional sites .
- Work with clients and the Land Development team on GTA land development projects;
- Manage the design team and ensure client expectations and business unit standards are met;
- Obtain land development approvals acting as a liaison between client and approving authorities;
- Participate in the preparation of proposal and other business development activities and financial management of projects;
- Assist with staff mentoring and development;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 to 8 years of experience in a consulting environment focused on GTA land development projects;
- Registered as a P. Eng. in Ontario preferred;
- Working knowledge of the land development approvals process in Ontario ;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Project management experience is an asset;
- A self-motivated individual looking for advancement opportunities;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD v12 and Civil 3D v12;
- Valid Ontario driver's license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.