Project Manager, Land Development
WSP in Whitby, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Land Development team, located at our Whitby office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for managing a variety of green field, redevelopment and land development projects for residential, commercial, retail and institutional sites .
- Manage a number of land development projects in the GTA;
- Manage each project to ensure client expectations and business unit standards are met;
- Obtain land development approvals acting as a liaison between client and approving authorities;
- Preparation of proposals;
- Business development activities;
- Financial management of projects;
- Staff mentoring and development;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of project management experience in a consulting environment focused on GTA land development projects;
- Registered as a P. Eng. in Ontario preferred but not mandatory;
- Expert knowledge of the land development approvals process in Ontario;
- Strong client management skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong financial and project management skills;
- Valid driver's license in Ontario;
- Well-developed network within the land development industry.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.