Prevention Support & Intervention Coordinator - Social Worker (Maternity Leave position)
About the Employer
The Gagetown Military Family Resource Centre (GMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the sole responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve and advocate for the military community and their families, and which address the unique challenges of the military family lifestyle. The GMFRC is an equal opportunity employer.
About the job
The Social Worker, Prevention Support & Intervention Coordinator, based in Oromocto, New Brunswick, supports and serves the families of Canadian Armed Forces members through a wide range of services and programs.
Position title: Prevention Support & Intervention Coordinator
Position type: Permanent Full Time
Languages: Written and spoken competencies French mandatory
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (flexible to accommodate program delivery and client needs)
Screening required: Enhanced Reliability Screening
Salary and benefits: $41,613 to $61,200 plus benefits (based on qualifications and experience)
The Prevention Support & Intervention Coordinator offers services and programs that enhance the military families' social, mental and emotional well-being. This position is responsible for short-term individual counseling and referral; assists in individual and community crisis situations; and, serves as a referral source for individuals and the community.
- Provide short-term counseling to the military community (the military family).
- Respond to and participate as deemed appropriate in community crisis circumstances.
- Design, implement, facilitate, and coordinate appropriate life or social skill courses and mutual assistance groups.
- Coordinate preventative and educational activities, seminars and workshops for the military community.
- Lead, facilitate and coordinate educational workshops and self-help groups or activities.
- Support, intervene and ensure prompt intervention and assistance to individuals who are in a crisis situation.
- Maintain up to date listing and knowledge of community resources for information and referral.
- Maintain and facilitate community partnerships.
- University degree in Social Work.
- Registered member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in social work, clinical psychology, and adult education.
- Experience working with individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis (weekdays, evenings, and some weekends).
- Knowledge of military lifestyle and resources.
Please send us your resume with an accompanying cover letter describing how your experience meets the skills and requirements of our organization. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Apply by email to:
A45 St. Lawrence Avenue
Oromocto (NB) E2V 4J5