Administrative Director, Upper River Valley Area (Permanent Full Time), URVH General Admin
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34346 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Upper River Valley
DEPARTMENT: URVH General Admin
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Administrative Director, Upper River Valley Area
CLASSIFICATION: Non- Bargaining
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $47.01 to $52.95 ( Pay Band 8)
The Administrative Director is part of a management team that is jointly responsible for providing direction, leadership, support, and guidance for the operation and planning of all clinical services in both the Upper River Valley Hospital and the Hotel Dieu-St. Joseph.
The Administrative Director plans and directs nursing practices and processes and ensures the delivery nursing services which align with established standards of care. The Director ensures that nursing services are designed and delivered in close collaboration with Horizon's patient care networks, including, but not limited to, the networks for Family Medicine, Surgery, Health and Aging, Emergency, Critical Care, Palliative Care and Stroke.
REGULAR DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING:
- In partnership with the facility's leadership team, Administrative Director will:
- Develop program goals and objectives consistent with the mission, vision and values of Horizon Health Network
- Develop an annual operational plan which is aligned with Horizon Health Network's strategic plan and operational plan.
- Develop the program's quality improvement plan.
- Establish processes for service delivery.
- Arrange with regionalized departments to obtain the necessary support services for the program(s)
PROGRAM DELIVERY AND EVALUATION:
In conjunction with the facility's leadership team, the Administrative Director will:
- Oversee operational plans, policies and procedures for clinical services and provide leadership and expertise for the effective and efficient management of patient care delivery.
- Use appropriate tools and mechanisms to measure, monitor and evaluate initiatives designed to improve patient care outcomes. Will use program surveillance metrics to manage all aspects of the operations.
- Ensure the effectiveness of patient safety monitoring, review and control systems to ensure safe and quality patient care and the adoption of standard processes to maintain and improve clinical outcomes.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place within the program for promptly addressing patient comments, questions and concerns.
- Deliver the Program within the allocated resources. Develop, monitor and analyze staffing, operating and capital budgets for the program. Will allocate and manage available resources within these budgets.
- Develop effective and efficient practices and processes to measure the use of resources and the quality of care rendered within the allocated budget.
- Promote a milieu conducive to open communication, positive attitude, and optimum team member development. Will ensure the provision of an inter-professional work environment through the maintenance of working relationships with professional discipline leadership and support service leadership.
- Provide leadership and support to the nurse manager group. Will implement performance development and performance management processes.
- Prepare, on request, reports for presentation to various administrative and board committees
In conjunction with the Clinical Heads, the Administrative Director will:
- Ensure that professional practice standards for the delivery of patient care are maintained by the appropriate managers.
- Address the resolution of professional practice issues through the department managers, clinical department heads, or director of nursing practice, as appropriate. Issues concerning physician practice standards will be referred to the clinical department head.
- Work collaboratively with the Administrative Director Group of the Fredericton Area, and the facility's management team, to ensure collaboration and patient continuity of care across all program areas is maintained and enhanced.
- Actively participate within the various Horizon networks and other committees where participation is desired.
- The Administrative Director is directly accountable to and through this reporting relationship, to the Vice-President of Clinical Services for Horizon Health Network.
- The Administrative Director will maintain an ongoing collaborative relationship with the various Clinical Heads, and all other stakeholders, including community stakeholders.
SPECIFIC HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assumes regular responsibility for Administrator On-Call for the Fredericton Area as per established schedule
NOTE: The above responsibilities are the basic and prime duties; related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may become necessary for the operation of the programs.
- Masters Degree in Health Administration, or a Health Discipline (consideration may be given to those with a Baccalaureate Degree in one of the Health Care disciplines)
- Significant clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting. Nursing experience preferred.
- Demonstrates considerable progressive administrative and management experience in the health care field, or equivalent combination of skill and experience.
- Ability to establish priorities, and frequently deal with matters of confidentiality and/or sensitivity requiring maturity, diplomacy, discipline, and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver interdisciplinary health service programs.
- Commitment to a patient-focused, action-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated skills in coaching, mentoring, leading, facilitating, team-building, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability in planning, budgeting, information analysis and reporting.
- Good health and work record.
- Ability to travel throughout the Area and the Province, and must have a valid New Brunswick Driver's License.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 9, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34346 External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.