Asset Management Consultant
Halifax, Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, or Vancouver
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking an Asset Management Consultant to join our Advisory Services Team.
Our team welcomes applicants living in any one of our locations across Canada (office location preferences are Alberta, Ontario and Quebec).
The successful applicant will join our team to deliver leading edge Asset Management Consulting Services to existing and new clients, provide high level technical support to the strategic delivery of the wider team's activities, and help our team at WSP expand the delivery of new Asset Management services into both existing and emerging markets.
TARGETED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong and successful track record in Strategic Asset Management Advisory (advising government and/or enterprise-class private sector organizations)
- 5+ years' specialized professional experience in Infrastructure Asset Management (combined with an overall senior professional profile)
- Business Development experience (lead or supporting role), including participation in executive level business development meetings, proposal development, and/or executive presentations (is considered an asset)
- Proven leadership skills including inspiring others and pursuing ambitious and challenging goals
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels (strategic, tactical and operational staff) in a client's organization and internally
- Compelling communication skills (verbal, written, with key strengths in management and large audience presentations)
- Excellent self-management skills, including working effectively without direct supervision, managing and organizing fluctuating workloads in sometimes stressful situations
- Post-secondary credentials in Engineering, Economics, Forestry, Accounting, or a related technical field
- Identify and respond to Asset Management related commercial opportunities (including proposal preparation, guiding and advising on specific key Asset Management opportunities, and providing key inputs at the bidding stage of major Asset Management related projects)
- Undertake the management of Asset Management consulting and advisory related projects including planning and organizing tasks, coordination and control of activities to achieve technical quality, budget, program and client satisfaction, and project financial control and profitability, invoicing and reporting
- Procure and deliver specialist Asset Management consultancy services to a variety of clients
- Build relationships and a reputation with clients that create opportunities for revenue growth
- Make presentations of Asset Management services to staff and clients
- Undertake Asset Management project reviews, including prepare briefs for projects including preliminary programming and estimates
- Provide sound leadership within the team, encouraging staff to have collective ownership of their outputs
- Ensure currency of Asset Management best practices and its application into different environments
- Ensure that all work undertaken is in accordance with appropriate professional and technical standards and practices together with effective quality assurance
- Other duties as assigned/required
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.