WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is seeking an Intermediate Transportation Engineer to join a project team working on a major infrastructure project in the Toronto area. The successful candidate will join a leading-edge practice and team of passionate professionals, planning and designing solutions for multi-modal transportation infrastructure .
While the primary focus is on the major infrastructure assignment , there will be opportunities to participate in future master plans, active transportation infrastructure, complete streets, vision zero, public transit, autonomous vehicles and more. Help shape how we will all move in the future, and see that reality emerge in Toronto.
- Establish requirements for accommodating of all modes of transportation as relevant during the construction and operation of the Project;
- Act as the key point of contact between the Project and City of Toronto Transportation Services for resolution of construction-related traffic, bicycle and pedestrian access, vehicle access to properties and parking issues;
- Working with Toronto Transportation Services staff, oversee design, installation and maintenance of temporary traffic signals;
- Lead resolution of transportation issues for impacted property owners and subway buildings (construction and post-construction access, parking impacts etc.);
- Determine and secure required permits, approvals and agreements for City of Toronto Transportation Services, as required for the implementation of the Project;
- Responsible for developing traffic-related sections of the Project design-build contract and monitoring for compliance following contract award;
- Responsible for reviewing civil drawings and specifications, in accordance with City of Toronto standards and the TTC Design Criteria Manual, as applicable;
- Responsible for developing strategy for transportation management during construction of the Project, including consideration of lane rental schemes, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering - A Master's degree and/or some experience and specialization in transportation would be considered an asset;
- Eligible to be a Professional Engineer in Ontario (PEO);
- 5 - 10 years' experience in Transportation Engineering or a closely related field
- Strong verbal, written, and management presentation skills
- Strong organizing and team leadership/coordination abilities;
- Experience using ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of other transportation software and methods (e.g. HCS, CCG, VISSIM, EMME, Aimsun, Vistro) would be an asset;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently; and
- Valid Ontario driver's license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.