WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Buildings team in Victoria, BC.
- Design of new building structures as well as structural alterations and seismic upgrades of existing buildings
- Preparation of structural seismic assessment and building condition assessment reports
- Planning and management of projects
- Preparation of proposals
- Conduct all tasks in cooperation with internal clients and other engineering disciplines
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering (master's degree will be considered an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of structural theory, the National Building Code of Canada and Canadian design standards (concrete, structural steel, wood, masonry)
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and design software such as ETABS, SAP 2000, S-FRAME, Robot and SAFE
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in structural design of buildings
- Registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. in British Columbia
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Experience in marine structures will be considered an asset
- Experience in high-rises will be considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Company: WSP Canada Inc.