In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer - Intermediate, Conveyance to expand our Infrastructure group in the Lower Mainland. We are able to accommodate the successful candidate in any of our three offices - Vancouver down town, North Vancouver, or Abbotsford. Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure, the successful candidate will be involved in supplementing the large-diameter pipeline and large-pump station teams working on water, wastewater, and stormwater projects.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can bring creative solutions to important projects as part of a friendly and vibrant team? Then we want to hear from you! Our WSP work culture offers work-life balance, a work hard-have fun motto, and an environment where employees are considered members of our family. Let us help you take your work experience placement to a new level with professional challenges and opportunity for growth in a wonderful atmosphere.
- Undertake a wide variety of engineering assignments related to water and wastewater projects, including pipelines, reservoirs, pump stations, flood protection works, and treatment plants;
- Have a solid technical background and ready to start moving on to managing projects and clients;
- Communicate with the team and with clients on assignment status and identify issues early;
- Take initiative in business development, your own personal growth, and improving project delivery;
- Provide mentorship to junior staff (engineers, technologists, drafting);
- Adhere to WSP's quality, project management, and health & safety policies;
- Undertake or direct project control systems on larger projects;
- Develop project management skills; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree in civil or mechanical engineering from an accredited institution;
- Professional Engineer registered with EGBC (or eligible to transfer registration to EGBC);
- Passionate about working in the water-related engineering environment;
- Technical skills should be municipal-related and would typically include the following:
- Planning and designing gravity sewers, water mains, reservoirs
- Design of water, wastewater and drainage pump stations
- Hydraulic analysis
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Developing specifications and cost estimates
- 3-D CAD abilities will be considered an asset
- Construction-related work such as field reviews and contract administration. An MMCD - CA certification would be a positive asset
- Certifications in Envision or other sustainability-related organisation
- Having successfully worked on Metro Vancouver projects, will be considered a major asset;
- Proven written skills demonstrated through reports, letters, memoranda, and proposals;
- Proven verbal communication skills and can articulate engineering concepts;
- Proven development of project management skills and a demonstrated understanding of the consulting engineering business;
- Ability to work under supervision as well as autonomously when required; possess effective time management and strong organizational skills;
- High ethical standards in parallel with WSP' corporate policy and identifies with WSP's Vision, Mission and Values;
- Valid driver's license and preferably have a vehicle for business use; and
- Community-minded and contributes to society - either within or outside of the engineering profession.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.