Servery Aide (culinary)
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of Continuing Care and Retirement Living accommodations and services in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs 3800 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services, and exceptional careers.
Today we have seven Parkland Retirement Living campuses in Nova Scotia, and we are continuing to grow. If you are client-focused, results oriented, service oriented individual who wants to be part of a new and dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
We are pleased to offer the following opportunity:
Reporting to the Client Services Manager as part of an Interdisciplinary Team in Pavilion Cormier at Faubourg du Mascaret, the Servery Aide is responsible for serving meals to the clients residing in the Assisted Living service line at Faubourg du Mascaret. The Servery Aide is responsible for ensuring safety and sanitation standards are consistently met in the dining room.
The Assisted Living service line supports clients with physical and/or cognitive challenges who require personal care assistance and medication management. Meals are provided from individual serveries for clients in designated dining rooms.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Ensures service delivery meets established department standards;
- Familiarizes self with the specific needs of each client e.g. diet restrictions, allergies and special requests/accommodations;
- Familiarizes self with daily changes related to menus and/or clients;
- Provides meal service to clients under the direction of the Cook;
- Provides observational information about the behaviors and changes in health status of clients to the Nurse on duty;
- Demonstrates effective communication and rapport with clients that reflects an understanding of the importance of respecting client's choices, privacy, promoting independence and the right to refuse services;
- Ensures Servery and dining room appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization;
- Maintains sanitation of the servery according to established cleaning guidelines;
- Ensures completion of required documentation e.g. cleaning checklists and departmental audit activities as required;
- Follows safety, environmental and infection control practices as per facility policies;
- Is able to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Takes every reasonable precaution in the circumstances to ensure personal health and safety;
- High School diploma or equivalent education;
- Basic Food Safety Training or other recognized food safety certification;
- Advanced proficiency level in the French and English language
- Minimum of 2-3 years cooking experience;
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with internal and external customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner;
- High level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently;
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts when required.
The following would be considered assets:
- Experience working with seniors in a retirement living or long-term care environment
- First Aid and CPR certification.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, a corporate discount program, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.