Medical Lab Technologist LT02 (Temporary Full Time), SJRH CYTOPATHOLOGY
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33619a External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH CYTOPATHOLOGY
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Medical Lab Technologist LT02
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Laboratory Technologist 2 (LT02)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating, TEMP: September 11, 2018 to September 11, 2019 Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $26.84 to $33.53 per hour (Subject to employment status)
The Cytotechnologist 2 is responsible for performing routine and specialized laboratory procedures according to prescribed policies and procedures
- A graduate of a school of Medical Cytotechnology.
- Must be registered with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science and licensed and in good standing (a practicing member) with the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Cytotechnologist 2 is responsible for:
- Performing routine and specialized procedures
- Validating and reporting test results
- Operating, troubleshooting and doing preventative maintenance on equipment
- Performing quality control and participating in quality improvement activities
- Providing guidance, training and orientation
Competencies identified by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science 2008
- Safe Work Practices
- Data and Specimen Procurement/Receipt
- Specimen Preparation and Pre-analytic Processing
- Equipment, Instruments and Reagents
- Specimen Assessment and Interpretation
- Recording and Reporting
- Quality Management
- Professional Responsibilities
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 26, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-33619a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.