Administrator, Member Services
The Canadian Communication Systems Alliance (CCSA) represents more than 110 Independent companies providing internet, TV & telephone services across Canada. Those companies serve hundreds of thousands of customers in communities generally outside urban markets, from coast to coast to coast. They include community cooperatives, family businesses, municipalities and companies owned by Indigenous Peoples. They connect hundreds of thousands of Canadians who otherwise might not have access to these critical communications services.
Members are admitted to CCSA based on Board approval, and CCSA negotiates contracts ("Master Agreements") on their collective behalf, with hundreds of Canadian and foreign television programming services for our members' carriage of their signals. Members launch these programming services and/or change carriage or transport provider, based on the applicable contract distribution rights, as well as members' own business objectives and technical requirements.
We are currently seeking an Administrator, Member Services to provide service to members in the administration of launches and changes, as well as to initiate onboarding of Board-approved new members.
Administrator, Member Services
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Manager, Contracts and Events, the Administrator, Member Services position supports CCSA's Contract Administration and Member Services functions, via the following key areas of responsibility:
- Process launches, channel line-up changes and transport changes for Member companies within required timelines
- Educate Members on CCSA processes, including with respect to launches
- Act as first-line of contact for potential new Members and initiate onboarding of new Members as approved by CCSA Board
- Track and provide reporting on Member launches
- Identify opportunities for process and system improvements which support business objectives
- Participate in regular Contracts department meetings, and Membership department meetings upon request
- Create regular and one-off reports upon request
- Other projects as required, including with respect to annual conference and trade show, internal site maintenance, and office supplies
- University degree
- 3+ years of experience providing superior client service, particularly in context of administering detailed process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work with online forms and Microsoft Access applications
- Balanced combination of people skills and detail orientation
- Team player who demonstrates a self-initiated, solutions-oriented, positive and energetic attitude who can gain Members' confidence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Bilingualism - English & French
- Media- or broadcast-industry experience
- Experience evaluating content carriage and/or licensing requirements
- Experience reading and interpreting contracts
Interested candidates are asked to submit their CV with an accompanying cover letter and statement of salary expectation, to Jillian English, Chief Financial Officer, CCSA (email@example.com) by end of business Friday, August 24th, 2018.