Security Officer (Permanent Full Time), OSI Clinic
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34187 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: OSI Clinic
FACILITY: Operational Stress Injury Clinic (Fredericton)
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Security Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Security Officer (2022)
LANGUAGE: Bilingual Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Rotating Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $20.6895 to $22.2703 per hour
The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of people and premises.
- High school graduation plus an additional security program/course of over six months and up to one year or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year recent security experience (within the last 5 years) in a health care facility OR 2 years recent experience in security with the successful completion of a recognized Security Officer Training Course.
- Current BCLS Certification
- Must be bondable.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French required.
The Security Officer is responsible for:
- Patrolling and monitoring all areas of the facility including buildings and parking lots
- Operating surveillance equipment
- Controlling access to buildings
- Removing unauthorized persons or persons posing a threat to security
- Restraining patients who pose a threat to themselves or others
- Responding to alarms, codes and other emergencies
- Monitoring and controlling the employee access system
- Writing in logs and preparing reports
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Interpersonal Skills
- Patient/Client Focus
- Presenting Information
- Stress Management
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 15, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34187-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.