Health Solutions Strategist
Service New Brunswick
Health Solutions Strategist
Pay Band 7
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Provincial Health Applications Services Unit within the Technology Services Division as Health Solutions Strategist. The NB government is seeking to establish a leading position with respect to a digital society and many of these initiatives will be developed within the healthcare sector. As such, we will see a significant and exciting transformation on how we deliver healthcare solutions for NB citizens. We are looking for people who want to be part of this transformation and make a positive impact on the lives of all New Brunswickers. This is your opportunity to become a member of our innovative and dynamic team.
Reporting to the Director of Provincial Health Application Services, the Health Solutions Strategist responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Research, design, develop and maintain a blueprint for Digital Health solutions that align with strategic initiatives and the Infrastructure roadmap
- Provide direction and guidance pertaining to solution architecture, including technical design, development methods and procedures
- Focus on end-to-end optimization of enterprise solutions, with particular focus and depth in virtualization/cloud converged technologies such as SaaS and PaaS assessment, design and implementation
- Provide advice and direction to executive management to ensure technology solutions meet the business needs
- Plan and forecast in order to manage existing system needs and upcoming system development project initiatives in a cost effective manner
- Provide solution architecture guidance and direction to staff and consultants
- Oversee development of and maintain solution design documents that detail system configurations
- Serve as Digital Health solution liaison between the various business units and other stakeholders
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in technical infrastructure architecture & planning to include three (3) years of infrastructure planning and architecture technologies with a focus on Enterprise projects, systems, and/or platforms.. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Some positions require written and spoken competence in French and English. Others will require written and spoken competence in English only.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in the Health domain
- Cloud Certifications (such as AWS Cloud Architect, MCSE Cloud Platform, Google Cloud Professional Architect, etc.)
- General Technical Certifications (such as MCSE, CISCO, etc.)
- Professional Certifications (ISP, COBIT, TOGAF, ITIL, etc.)
- Server virtualization (i.e. VMWare, hyper-v,)
- Server operating systems such as, Red Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows Server
- Modeling technology solutions with tools such as Microsoft Visio
- Solution strategist and responsible for the solution design of one or more applications/solution within an organization
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, with a balanced mix of technical and business skills
- System design, data sharing architectures, Hadoop or other NoSQL database, network design, servers and storage
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Some weekday evening and weekend work hours may be required.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Orientation
- Creative Thinking/Innovation
- Client Service Orientation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Written Communication
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $76,804 to 92,898 annually - Pay Band 7 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email at HR-RH@snb.ca, or by mail at the following address indicating competition number 2018-SNB-424. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED.
Service New Brunswick
P.O. Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4
Telephone: (506) 476-7572
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!