Applications Team Lead
Service New Brunswick
Applications Team Lead
Pay Band 5
The Technology Services Division of Service New Brunswick is searching for an individual who would enjoy a meaningful and rewarding career in the support and advancement of provincial health applications. As a Team Lead you will provide leadership to a team that delivers application development and support services for software systems used by health professionals across the province. You will be supported by highly skilled teams which include: Quality Assurance, Enterprise Architecture, Security/Privacy, Infrastructure, Database Administration, as well as management.
The NB government is seeking to establish a leading position with respect to a digital society and many of these initiatives will be developed within the healthcare sector. As such, we will see a significant and exciting transformation on how we deliver healthcare to NB citizens. We are looking for people who want to be part of this transformation and make a positive impact on the lives of all New Brunswickers. This is your opportunity to become a member of our innovative and dynamic team.
Reporting to the Manager of Provincial Health Application Services, the Applications Team Lead's responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Plan and oversee the day to day activities of the team
- Plan and manage application release cycles
- Seek out innovative approaches in providing IT services to clients
- Ensure system development and support activities adhere to policies, standards, processes and procedures
- Work closely with business owners to effectively and efficiently prioritize and schedule activities
- Work closely with vendors of third-party systems on issue resolution and release planning
- Prepare documentation as required, including regular status reporting
- Manage, monitor, and report on service levels and key performance indicators
- Provide ongoing support to teams members along with periodic and annual performance reviews
- Act as the escalation point for issues, and coordinate resources necessary to mitigate risks and bring resolution to issues
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A university degree in Computer Science, Business, Health Sciences or related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience OR a college diploma in a related discipline and a minimum of seven (7) years of related experience. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Applicants must possess a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Project management tools and methodologies
- Computer programming and familiarity with a variety of development environments, technologies, and methodologies
- Service management processes and tools
- Health care environment
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Periodic weekday evening and weekend work hours may be required.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Team Leadership
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Client Service Orientation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Written Communication
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $54,574 - $76,232 annually - Pay Band 5 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email at HR-RH@snb.ca, or by mail at the following address indicating competition number 2018-SNB-386. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
Service New Brunswick
P.O. Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4
Telephone: (506) 476-7572
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!