Sterilization Services Manager
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Medical Devices Reprocessing Departments
CLASSIFICATION: Sterilization Manager
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October 1, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will plan, organize and manage activities in the Sterilization Service Department to ensure the provision of high-quality supplies to all nursing units, in accordance with the philosophy, objectives, and policies of the Vitalité Health Network.
- Bachelor of Health Science or any equivalent training and experience;
- Training in the sterilization field that meets the requirements of the Canadian Standards Association or commitment to receive this training within the set deadline;
- Leadership Program offered by the Network considered as an asset;
- Minimum of two years' relevant experience in the health field.
- Minimum of two years' management experience;
- Strong computer skills;
- Influential leadership;
- Initiative and sound judgement as well as ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to mobilize, engage, and act as a change agent;
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to travel within Zone 5;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment