Supervisor Front End
Sobeys Inc. in Marystown, NL
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Front End Supervisor will ensure superior customer service experience by coaching and developing a friendly, well-trained staff. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Supervise and give direction to all front end staff
- Train, coach, and develop front end staff
- Assist with closing duties and cash up
- Assist with scheduling and filling shifts
- Perform cash pick-ups
- Perform till audits
- Perform till overrides
- Conduct item price checks
- Adhere and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Basic math skills
- Good work ethic and ability to multi task
- Variety of Shifts including evenings and weekends is required
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 12 months experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.