Supervisor Shift ~24-32 hrs./wk
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 44506
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Store
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Lawtons - 884 (Westphal)
Sobeys Inc. is a proudly Canadian company with 108 years in the food business. Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service? Then Lawtons Drugs is looking for you to join their team!
The Shift Supervisor provides customers with friendly and professional service. Under the direction of the Supervisor of Customer Service, the Shift Supervisor provides assistance to all CSA's and completes voids, refunds and cash handling transactions in a timely and efficient manner. Provide guidance, training and coaching to employees. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensure accurate cash-handling procedures at all times through company practices
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Supervise and provide support to front store CSA's
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform cash and administrative duties as required
- One to two years retail experience preferred
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Full knowledge of front store operations and cash procedures
- Previous experience in shipping and receiving preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Involves physical work, including but not limited to, bending, lifting and reaching
- Available days, evenings, and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.