Sobeys Inc. in Halifax City, NS
Sobeys Queen St is looking for a new staff member for our Produce department!
The Produce Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Keep work area clean and presentable
- Process customer Produce orders
- Perform program execution and merchandising of product
- Handle and prepare deli products
- Increase store sales by actively promoting products
- Participate in the training of junior staff
- Order and receive stock in accordance with company inventory control procedures as required
- Process department shrink
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Join our Produce team today! We are looking for someone who has open availability. We are currently not looking for anyone who has student availability or will have student availibility starting in the fall.