Manager, Category & Shopper Development
Irving Consumer Products in Toronto, ON
MANAGER, CATEGORY & SHOPPER DEVELOPMENT
At Irving Consumer Products, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Consumer Products produces branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, as well as napkins.
We are currently seeking a CSD Manager to lead the development of account-specific category plans and reviews by incorporating market, shopper, customer & consumer insights to inform tactical 5P recommendations - product, placement, pricing, promotion, and personal marketing.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2 years of Category Management, Sales, or Trade Marketing experience (preferably in Consumer Packaged Goods)
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in Category Management
- Familiarity with syndicated market measurements data
- Marketplace acumen
- Category & Shopper Insights acumen
- 5P Solutions development experience
- Ability to apply critical thinking to facilitate, develop and implement comprehensive strategic business plans that will deliver results
- Category & Shopper Analysis:
- Leverage insights and analytics to identify growth opportunities
- Conduct proactive business analysis leveraging both POS and shopper buying behavior metrics to identify issues and generate recommendations
- Liaise with senior management to communicate business trends as well as strategic and executional changes
- Conduct assortment, space and adjacency and pricing audits and analyses
- Customer Development:
- Establish strong, multi-functional working relationships at LCL based on mutual trust and integrity
- Lead Category and Shopper discussions with customer
- Lead joint business planning (JBP) analytics, as requested
- Provides objective counsel on category 5P best practices
- Assist Director of Business Development on sales calls
- Customer Account Plan & Activation:
- Co-leads strategic account planning (SAP) process with LCL Business Development Director identifying customer growth objectives and business solutions that unite LCL and Irving strategies
- Develops product, assortment, pricing, promotion and shelving plans
- Collaborates with account directors and shopper marketing manager to deliver an implementation calendar for category leadership plan (CLP) activation
- Supports new item plans from a category perspective
- Conducts periodic and annual category reviews
- 5P Best Practices:
- Determine effectiveness of customer pricing and promotional strategies and initiatives
- Demonstrates expertise in efficient assortment and category management principles to develop a gold-standard planogram recommendation, as needed
- Maintains awareness and understanding of market place pricing and promotion and subsequent impact on customer results
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Consumer Products Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.