Forest Tech I - Parks & Trees Division
Competition # 5783.18
CUPE Local 508
Under the direction of the Manager of Parks and Trees Division - Engineering and Operations Department, the incumbent will possess the ability to perform aspects of the Division pertaining to tree care and other duties as required by supervisory staff.
- Performs required duties of the division to a proficient and safe manner.
- Performs arboricultural duties as outlined by the supervisory staff of the Division.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of equipment used to perform required duties.
- Uses significant initiative and judgement in dealing with the public
- After hours work may be required.
- Position duties, at times, will require heavy physical exertion.
- Required to work in all weather conditions.
- Other duties as required by supervisory staff.
Education and Experience: Minimum prerequisite is a graduation from a recognized postsecondary institution with forestry/arboricultural related courses and at least three years of experience in arboricultural/forestry related work.
Requirements: Utilizing industry recognized techniques; applicants chosen for an interview will be required to demonstrate tree climbing abilities to the satisfaction of the interviewing team.
Knowledge and Desired Skills: Must have a working knowledge in proper pruning and tree removal techniques as set by International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) guidelines. Knowledge of arboricultural pests that affect, or have the potential to affect, the City's urban forest. Knowledge of the use and maintenance of arboricultural related equipment which may include, but not limited to, aerial lifts, brush chippers, stump grinders, chain saws, brush saws, farm tractors, etc. Well developed interpersonal and communication skills are required. Must possess a valid Class 5E New Brunswick driver's license.
Salary: $25.47/hr CUPE Local 508 Salary Scale
Interested individuals may submit their resumes to: HR@fredericton.ca Or mail to Human Resources, City of Fredericton, 397 Queen Street, Fredericton, NB E3B 1B5 ON or before 2018 August 17.