Licensed Practical Nurse – Casual
Shannex Incorporated has been in business since 1988 and is a leader in seniors' accommodation, service and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Currently operating four retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of a new campus in Moncton – Faubourg du Mascaret, our first French language campus.
Located on Université de Moncton's land in Moncton, New Brunswick, this campus will offer a full continuum of services including Lifestyle apartments, Hospitality and Wellness, Assisted Living and Nursing Home service lines. Our 64 bed licensed nursing home, Pavilion Richard, will open in September 2017.
We are recruiting a leader to join our team who will be responsible for delivering service and care that reflects our organizational values. If you are a client-focused, results oriented, trusted and collaborative leader who wants to be part of a dynamic team - we want to hear from you.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Licensed Practical Nurse – Casual
Located at our newly opening facility Faubourg du Mascaret in Moncton, NB, our Licensed Practical Nurses are part of a professional interdisciplinary team within Shannex. Reporting to the Health Services Manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse is part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists the manager with training and management of nursing personnel on the unit, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for all clients.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing clients' needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the client's right to individualized planning of health services;
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of client care plans.
- Administering and records prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice.
- Maintaining the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting.
- Applying dressings and treatments according to physician's orders and policy
- Assisting with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
- Current registration with the provincial Licensed Practical Nurse regulatory body;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Physical Assessment, Palliative / Hospice Care experience required;
- Previous experience in working with clients in long-term care or a senior's independent living environment.
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends and holidays;
- Clear Criminal Record Check;
- Clear Social Development Check
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Strong leadership and assessment skills plus the ability to multitask in this fast-past, yet rewarding environment;
- Alzheimer's & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance;
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Ability to supervise staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, a corporate discount program, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply.
All applications will be kept in strict confidence.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.