Registered Nurse (Temporary Part Time), Women and Children's Health - Labour & Birth
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33158b External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: Women and Children's Health - Labour & Birth
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, FTE: 0.5, TEMP: August 24, 2018 to October 12, 2019. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice to patients and their families, (including high risk obstetrics) during the Labour and Birth experience in the Women and Children's Health Program. The successful candidate will be required to scrub during caesarean sections and recover patients in the postoperative period. Although primary assigned to Labour and Birth and the Maternal Newborn, the incumbent will be required to work within the Women and Children's Health Program as necessary. You will rotate on a regular basis between L&B and Maternal Newborn.
- Active registration with NANB
- Current BCLS certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification required within 3 months of hire
- Successful completion of the fetal monitoring course given during orientation
- Breast feeding module within 1st year of hire
- L&B OR Scrub Course within 6 months of hire
- Must be willing to cross train with the Maternal Newborn Unit
- Demonstrate communication, interpersonal, teaching, and team building skills
- Demonstrate assessment skills and ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities and complex patient situations
- Good work record and ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position and support Family Centred Maternal Newborn care
- Proof of up to date immunization status
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 19, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33158b-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.