Municipal Infrastructure Technician
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join our Municipal Engineering department, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Senior Director this position will be responsible for CADD Civil 3D, field inspection, and project management on municipal projects .
- Resolving construction issues with the assistance of the site project manager and field supervisors;
- Quantity measurements, daily reporting, and participation in construction meetings;
- Completion of construction as-built for record keeping/approval purposes;
- Provide assistance to project manager with day to day project operations;
- Communications/scheduling with city/municipal inspectors on assigned projects to ensure compliance with contract standards/specifications;
- Utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D knowledge in projects from concept to completion;
- Engineering record drawing preparation for Land Development projects;
- Preparation of specifications and reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Construction Engineering Technology graduate and registered as a CET;
- 1 - 3 years of experience with Civil 3D in a variety of projects -(road reconstructions and site plan approvals would be an asset);
- Experience completing topographic surveys would be an asset;
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specs;
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- Comfortable in working independently in both an office and field environment; and
- Valid Ontario driver's license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.