Local Area Infection Prevention & Control Manager (Permanent Full Time), Infection Prevention & Control
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34114 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Infection Prevention & Control
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Local Area Infection Prevention & Control Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nursing Class Supervisor (RNCSU)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $36.71 to $44.66 per hour
Under the direction of the Regional Lead Infection Prevention and Control, the local Area Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Manager is responsible for the effective planning, delivery and evaluation of the IPC Service for the local Area with a mandate to control the risk of infection to patients, personnel and community. The local Area IPC Manager guides, mentors and provides expertise and advice to Area's Infection Prevention and Control staff and acts as a consultant regarding infection prevention and control issues. He/she forms part of the regional infection prevention and control management team and actively participates in a collaborative region-wide initiative to plan, improve, standardize and evaluate infection prevention and control services.
The local Area IPC Manager reports to the Regional Lead Infection Prevention and Control.
- Active registration with the Nurses' Association of New Brunswick
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership/management experience in the healthcare sector.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of patient care and infection prevention and control practices.
- Completion of the LEADS certification and/or completion of a management leadership development program.
- Completion of or working towards an IPC certification through the Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology.
- Well-developed leadership skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Ability to develop and maintain positive internal and external relationships
- Strong commitment to quality, patient safety, process improvement and professional development.
- Demonstrated computer skills. Must possess the basic competency level in the following computer software: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Good prior work record and demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Must be able to travel as required to carry out the responsibilities of the position
- Proficient in English, written and spoken.
- Collaborates with the Regional Lead Infection Prevention and Control to develop, implement and evaluate all aspects of the Infection Prevention and Control Service to support quality, patient safety and best practices
- Participates actively in activities that contribute to the effective functioning of the organization at the local Area level
- Establishes good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with Medical Microbiology, Infectious Diseases and other key stakeholders
- Builds and maintains effective communication and positive working relationships with others
- Provides expertise, advice and guidance to Programs/Services on infection prevention and control issues and promotes evidence based practices
- Provides motivation for new initiatives/change and proactively contributes ideas
- Responsible for the quality and safety of the Infection Prevention and Control Service at the local Area level and upholds the commitment of the standardization of services across Horizon
- Develops, implements and evaluate a local Area operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives of the regional infection prevention and control quality and safety plan
- Accepts responsibility and personal accountability for managing resources and ensuring efficient services at the local Area level
- Coordinates the work of the local Area Infection Prevention & Control Committee and serves on other committees as required
Human Resources Management
- Establishes a positive, healthy and safe work environment
- Coaches and mentors staff as appropriate to improve performance
- Ensure understanding and support of organizational and departmental goals/objectives within the team
- Facilitates an environment of collaboration and cooperation between all stakeholders and staff
- Demonstrates and promotes organizational values
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 19, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34114-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.