Programmer Analyst, Developer
Bell Aliant in Halifax City, NS
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
Since 1880, Bell has encouraged economic growth by facilitating high quality jobs, safeguarding the natural environment, and ensuring our standards remain high. Our goal is to be recognized as Canada's leading communication company and we think you might help us achieve it. If you are someone who is passionate about innovation, technology and working in a dynamic workplace with many benefits, including but not limited to flexibility, focus on ensuring work/life balance, considerable benefits and salary, and the ability to improve your skills in many industries then our Programmer Analyst position is perfect for you.
Bell Business Markets (BBM) is Canada's largest provider of information and communication technology (ICT) solutions. Our Atlantic Professional Services team is comprised of professional consultants who design, build, support, and install business and IT systems for our customers. The continued marketplace growth and success of our team is directly attributable to our members' expertise and professionalism.
As a Programmer Analyst (PA) you would design, develop, test, and maintain various components of an application build to address all user and business requirements.
In your day-to-day you could find yourself developing user interfaces for internet/intranet applications and customizing these applications to fit business needs. You would regularly integrate applications and assist with database architecture design and server scripting using multiple design and development methodologies. Generally you would organize and coordinate schedules and activities with other team members to be able to effectively complete application development on schedule. As the project advances you would participate in various levels of testing including unit and system testing.
Professional qualifications we value:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the design and deployment of web based solutions.
- Experience with a Relational Database Management System such as SQL Server or Oracle and stored procedures.
- Background knowledge of software development practices.
- Recognized Industry certification(s) and completed relevant training
- Experience with some of the following:
- Cross-Browser UI development.
- Object Oriented Design.
- Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Microsoft C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET.
- Microsoft MVC Web Projects.
- Microsoft Entity Framework.
- HTML 5.
- JSON, XML.
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Engine, T-SQL.
- C#, C++, C.
- Java, J2EE, JSP, JSF, Web Services.
- Experience with some of the following:
- SQL Server Integration Services.
- SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience developing applications using integration Active Directory authentication.
- Mobile Development.
- Web Service development.
- Oracle Relational Database, P/SQL.
- Weblogic Server.
- Service Oriented Architecture.
- Progress DSXI.
- Infranet - Oracle BRM (Billing and Revenue Management).
- OSB (Oracle Service Bus).
- ALSB (Aqualogic), Xquery, ETOMS, OSSJ, Enterprise Service bus, SID based technologies.
- ClearCase and ClearQuest
- Experience in both private and public sector projects.
Personal Qualifications we Value:
- Solid intrapersonal skills and ability to work both within your main team as well as your client's teams.
- Proven communication skills.
- Client focus.
- Quality focus.
- Superb problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivation to learn new technologies and development techniques.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 09/07/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax