WorkSafeNB is committed to promoting healthy and safe workplaces for New Brunswick's workers and employers. While our priority is preventing workplace injuries and occupational disease, we provide comprehensive rehabilitation services and fair compensation benefits when these do occur.
WorkSafeNB is accepting applications for a permanent position of investigator in Fredericton, Dieppe, Bathurst, Grand Falls, Grand Bay-Westfield or Saint John, New Brunswick.
Reporting to the senior investigator, the investigator will support WorkSafeNB departments by conducting investigations for the purpose of protecting the integrity of the compensation system from fraud and abuse. This may include conducting fact-finding interviews, gathering evidence, obtaining statements, preparing affidavits and reports, and providing supporting material, as required.
The candidate should have:
- Possess formal training as an investigator, in particular with investigation techniques and a working knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Be a graduate from a recognized Canadian police academy
- Have knowledge of evidence gathering and retention for both criminal and civil cases
- Have three years of work experience conducting investigations, fact finding and investigative interviews
- Be able to function within MS Office software, particularly MS Word
- Be a Commissioner of Oaths or be prepared to obtain designation
- Have knowledge of New Brunswick industries and occupations
- Be willing to travel
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance)
- Pension plan (Province of New Brunswick Public Service Shared Risk Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
Competition closes August 23, 2018. Please apply online at worksafenb.ca.