Finance Manager, Non-Fresh, Category Management
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 43892
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Manager Finance, Category Management is responsible for providing day-to-day finance and related support to the Category Management teams, and Merchandising Services teams.
Category Management Financial Support
- Serve as a business partner for Category Management on day-to-day finance and related analytical support by providing meaningful analysis, insights, training and recommendations on banner, department, and category results with the goal to improve margin profitability.
- Support the category planning process (52-week promo plan, sales/margin targets) by understanding financial category and department targets and validating
- Drive Category Management teams to review results, meet deadlines and targets, and remain accountable for category plans and forecasts
- Work with Merchandising Services to bring department targets to a category (or below) level and ensure that everything adds up to financial budget and targets
- Manage the Category Management consolidated, department and category level end-to-end margin forecasts and budgets to ensure overall margin objectives are met
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Category Management leadership by acting as the "on-site" liaison between Category Management, Shared Services, Finance Category Management Reporting and Finance Operations Support.
- Provide appropriate review, analysis, and support of the accuracy, completeness and efficiency of period end close for Category Management.
- Support harmonization of financial reporting and scorecard cadence for Merchandising
- Work collaboratively with Merchandising Services to ensure systems, processes and controls, including appropriate analytics below category level are in place to support margin, vendor processes and profitability
- Recommend financial and process continuous improvements
Lead functional team and drive employee engagement
- Coach, develop and empower members within functional team
- Review employee engagement results and develop overall action plan
- Create opportunities for skill development and career progression to develop talent
- 5 years or more of progressively increasing levels of responsibility within a finance department in a large retail organization
- Undergraduate degree
- Final stage of acquiring an Accounting Designation (CA, CMA or CGA)
- Previous finance management experience with Retail Food stores.
- Experience working with Category and Merchandising departments
- Working knowledge of SAP, SAPBW, EXE and CMA systems
- Ability to build processes and augment existing Financial reporting systems
- Aptitude for understanding new and current technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of report building tools: Longview/Khalix and Excel
- Ability to create and interpret key financial reports and trends
- Effective communication and consensus building skills
- Ability to balance conflicting demands
- Good working knowledge of SAP and SAPBW
- Ability to create a team working environment
- Ability to resolve complex issues across the organization that may not be covered by existing processes
- Comfortable presenting to senior leaders within a large organization
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.